Can I get some advice?

So my husband and I will have a new baby joining our family pretty soon, and this summer his family wants us all to drive down to the beach for like 2wks (its like a 4 hr drive) I'm thinking no thanks cause we'll have to stop constantly so I can nurse the baby and it doesn't sound like it would be enjoyable, would you go? Should I just go anyway?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I say if the baby is younger than four monhs it will probably more more stressful than enjoyable. But definately go once she's sleeping well! That's great to be so close to a beach!
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I would play it by ear -it really will depend on your baby and how you are all doing at home. I know I wouldn't have been ready but some people want to get out of the house for a break also - you can always stop to feed.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• If you're not comfortable then by all means say "thanks but no thanks." I'll tell you that we took a trip with our son when he was 2 weeks old. It was a two day car trip and he did just fine. If it is a four hour car ride you'll probably only have to stop once if you time it right, and she'll also sleep most of the trip.

Good luck and congrats on the new baby!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• We had our baby 4 hours from where we lived. We stopped twice to feed the baby on our way home. But we expected this and made the situation more tollerable by preparing for it properly. Personally, I would go if it was me. But maybe it is becasue I feel like I need to get out and about right now. Good Luck.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I wouldnt go. It's to hard with a baby, more so a little baby. You wil be uncomfortable, and it's eaiser to just be home. Sadly, that is what happens when a baby comes you feel very antisocial. Honestly thou, dont get yourself ina bind 4 hrs away, it will cause fights adn what not, save the trip for when your baby gets older, then you can all enjoy!
    JoslinIrene77

Answer by JoslinIrene77 at 6:02 PM on Apr. 1, 2009