Anyone get their dog groomed at Pets Mart?

is it worth it? Do they do that gross part that's done at the vet where they empty the dogs anal fluids ugh ugh sorry

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pets

• i think they do but you might have to ask. my dog whos a bichon/maltese mix got his hair cut there and he looked so cute :)
    Anonymous

• Yeah I think it's worth it. We take our Cocker Spaniel to get his hair cuts there. They use some type of shampoo where he smells sooo good for days lol. They also cut their nails, hair, shampoo them, brush their teeth, clean their ears and I think you have to ask to get their anus expressed. I think that's what it's called LOL.
    xocyncyn

Answer by xocyncyn at 3:45 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Yes! I have a Pom and i took him to just a local shop and he got kennel cough

Pet smart is worth every penny, they go above and beyond! and my dog loves it their!
    JoslinIrene77

Answer by JoslinIrene77 at 5:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• i take all 3 of mine there...ive always been happy with the results..i have a golden retriver, and 2 maltipoo x shihtzu
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:28 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• i think they do a great job. I have shih tzu's. You can watch the groomers thru the glass window to see how they handle the dogs and what cuts look really cute. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 6:29 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Yes and our dogs smelled bad after they were groomed... I won't take them back there.
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 10:00 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• yes, I have gotten our dogs groomed there...they did very good and yes they express anal glands....you have to make sure he has his Bordatella (kennel cough) shots and everything else up to date.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• We used to have a couple of St. Bernards and we always took them to petsmart to be groomed. We were always very happy with the groomings done there. They do a really great job. It was worth it for us.
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 9:32 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I take both of my poms there and I think they do a reat job.
    Mommy2Caleb805

Answer by Mommy2Caleb805 at 8:16 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I am with the above poster who said that they dog smelled after it was groomed at Petsmart. I had my 3 dogs groomed there for the first time about a month ago and I am very unhappy with the job. They smelled awful afterwards, and now that the hair is starting to grow back a bit I can just how uneven the clipping was I am not talking about slightly uneven... it is horribly noticable and one of my puppies looks like his head is lopsided because of the awful job they did. I will NEVER go back to them again not to mention the bill was outrageous! I have 3 dogs under 15 lbs each (Lhasa Apso/Chihuahua mixes) and paid over $120.00! My regular groomer charges me $90.00 for them and you can bet I will be going back to them.
    I decided to try Petsmart on a reccomendation from a friend - big mistake.
    wyldreams

Answer by wyldreams at 11:52 PM on Apr. 5, 2009