Big scared last night!

About 7:00 last night I had a normal Braxton Hick contraction, but about 45 mins later i had another one, just a little more painful, so I did what my doctor told me too, put my feet up and have a glass of water. That worked till about 30 mins later, and another hit and lasted a little longer than the other two. So my husband out on some relaxing music and rubbed my belly to keep me stress free. But I had another on about 10 mins later stronger than the others, and 5 mins after that another one hit, I was thinking i was in real labor and wanted to stop it fast, so I had him start the bath and I had my doctors number ready to be called. But once i got into the tub and burned some candles they stopped and i have not had another one since last night. Should i be worried about going into labor now? And should I call my doctor and tell him what happen?

HuntersMama09

Asked by HuntersMama09 at 3:37 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Let the doctor know, they can't help you if they don't know you need it. Better to get checked then to wait and let it happen. I had little cramps and went in to get checked a few hrs later (it was 4am with the cramps) they kept me and I had my son the next day ( I was also a week over due)
    rememberm3alway

Answer by rememberm3alway at 3:41 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• i would let your doctor know. better safe than sorry. it doesnt always mean you are in labor though... just call and let them know what happened. it couldve started then stopped. its happened to lots of women. =] good luck
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 5:05 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I would tell your Dr. Sometime when you get ina warm bath it relaxes you more and that is why your contractions slowed down.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• i have had braxton hicks closre than that these last few weeks and I'm only 25 1/2 weeks. They only last like 5-10seconds though
    Anonymous