What to you think on the resignation?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9403378/Cop-who-stopped-Moats-in-hospital-lot-resigns?MSNHPHCP>1=39002
I think good he acted very poorly. If you watched the first video you know that the cop who resigned didn't even pull over the NFL player. The player parked his car in the hospital parking lot and the cop pulled in behind him. Anybody with any sense would have cut the guy a brake the minute he pulled into a hospital parking lot. To pull a gun after the NFL player had parked his car was stupid. To continue to give him crap after he was told that somebody in the hospitl was dieing was worse than stupid. I'm glad he saved the police department some grief by resigning! (sorry for any typo's. there is no spellcheck for posting questions!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I saw the video of the incident on tv. I think the officer responded as expected at first. However, as soon as Moats told him someone was dying he should have escorted them into the hospital. He could have verified everything within seconds. For him to go on a power trip after a nurse and security guard came out and explained was way out of line. IMO he intentionally kept this man from his dying MIL's bedside and that is wrong on so many levels.

I live in the Pacific Northwest and I also heard it was a fellow officer that made the initial complaint. It didn't come from the family.

I think his resignation was in order.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:37 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Actually, he had his lights on attempting to pull him over way before he pulled into the parking lot at the hospital. When youre behind someone and theyre not pulling over, that raises ALL kinds of red flags. When they pulled into the hospital, he drew his gun because everyone got out of the vehicle FAST. He HAS to be cautious for his own safety. Cops hear ALL kinds of excuses, he was doing what he was taught to do.. HOWEVER- when it came time for the nurse and another cop to come out and confirm Moats story, THATS when Powell lost all insensitivity and was on a total power trip. And he didnt resign as far as im concerned- he is on paid suspension.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 3:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Sorry. I think the cop did what he should have done. If the guy had just calmly told the officer what was going on instead of ignoring his requests things would have not escalated.
    Anonymous

• Everybody should obey the traffic laws! People get killed by drivers running red lights. Why weren't they in hospital knowing that his mother-in-law was very ill?

Anonymous

• They tried to tell the cop, he pulled his gun when the wife got out and ran into the hospital to be with her mother. The cop should have known then the story was true, NOBODY ignores a loaded gun unless something really damn serious is going on! I am white myself, but I think that cop is a racist pig, and he didn't give a damn what was happening with the man's family.
    Anonymous

• "They tried to tell the cop, he pulled his gun when the wife got out and ran into the hospital to be with her mother. The cop should have known then the story was true, NOBODY ignores a loaded gun unless something really damn serious is going on! I am white myself, but I think that cop is a racist pig, and he didn't give a damn what was happening with the man's family."

Thats comical.. As a police officer, it wouldnt be surprising if people parked at a hospital, and ran inside claiming their mother was dieing just to avoid some speeding tickets. And yes- A LOT of criminals would ignore a loaded gun to get out of something they did wrong. Racist my ass.. shut the hell up.
    Anonymous

• So next time I run a red light or do something illegal and a cop tries to pull me over, im just going to pull into Valet at one of the hospitals located just about every corner and run inside saying someones dieing so I dont get a ticket. Yeah thatll work.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon 4:05, A lot of cops would have handled that differently, but this cop was a racist cold hearted asshole.
    Anonymous

• ASSuming someone is racist because Moats was black is ignorant. How about that black guy who killed 4 WHITE cops? Who is screaming racism there? Nunya.......
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 4:16 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• A racist lol always has to be about ones race.He probably did not vote for Obama either.I guess that made him half racist at the moment.

ahahaha
    Anonymous