Please explain this to me.....

My friend which is due May 5th has gained 1 pound during pregnancy (she had gained 6, but lost it). And they are saying that the baby weighs 5.5. How has she only gained 1 pound if the baby weighs 5.5???????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That happen with me, I gained it all right at the very end. Just because she loses weight doesn't mean the baby can't gain, the baby will take from the mother
    rememberm3alway

Answer by rememberm3alway at 3:48 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• If she is over weight to begin with she can very easily lose weight during pregnancy and still have a healthy baby.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• that does happen with some women. Like me. I didn't gain weight til the very end and it wasn't very much! No one would have guessed I was pregnant. Had I not gone into the doctor and been told I was pregnant at 6 months, I could have easily been one of those women on that show I didn't know I was pregnant! LOL. Yea, but that can happen.
    Anonymous

• She lost weight....
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• She lost the 6 she had gained because she was told to watch her sugar because she was borderline diabetic!
    Anonymous

• I didn't gain any with my daughter and she was 7 lbs 2 oz. My mom used to always say that only happens with women who are really big to begin with...but I only weighed 115 to begin with....so it can happen. I was really sick the whole time tho.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• when a woman is pregnant and USUALLY if there bigger the baby can "eat" her fat cells, so maybe she gained one lb, the baby could have "eaten" 12 of her lbs before that. its werid but its happening to me, I have gained 3 lbs, but I look smaller than I have in months. Its weird.
    Anonymous

• I didnt gain anything and when my son was born, he was 7 lbs 4 oz and I had lost 26 lbs. The weight that I was supposed to gain.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:13 AM on Apr. 2, 2009