Did anyones newborn baby NOT get the Hepatitis vaccine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can tell them no
    Anonymous

• I got it. The type of hepatitus that it is vaccinating against is very easily communicable. If I ever had to hospitalize him, put him in daycare or if I ever held him after coming home from work (or he touched my work clothes, I am a health care Social Worker), I'd be worried sick.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:50 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• i didnt get the hep b or vitamin k shot for my daughter. the nurses were nic about it said okay thats fine and had me sign a paper, a few nurses agreed and said thats GREAT you arent getting it for her.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• When I had my baby, the hospital said that they would give it to her or I could let my pedi do it. I chose to take her to the pedi, NOT KNOWING that he refuses to administer any shots at all to his patients. He sends them all to the health dept. So needless to say I switched to another pediatrician (that and he is a total pervert). But anyways, my little girl didn't get any shots at all until she was 10 wks old, and she's perfectly OK. I don't know anything about choosing not to vaccinate at all, though...
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 5:34 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I refused it at birth with my son. When I had my daughter, it was not being administered at birth yet.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:38 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My older son had it. I refused it with my second baby. He got it when he was 4 months though, that's when I started his shots.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 7:39 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• my kids did not receive any shots at birth didn't want them and did home births.
    meganiph

Answer by meganiph at 8:18 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I didn't get the vac. Unless your traveling somewhere where your baby would come into contact with it, I was told it wasn't necessary.
    Liv32

Answer by Liv32 at 10:06 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Emi wasn't born in a hospital, and I said no to the Vit K and eye ointment. She wont get the hep shot until she's older.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 1:03 AM on Apr. 2, 2009