How painful is getting your wisdom teeth pulled?

April 20th I have to have all 4 wisdom teeth pulled. Is it very painful or do you think i will be ok?

sweetpea808

Asked by sweetpea808 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Health

• It was easy for me, just have to have a lot of cotton in your mouth, made me gag a bit but otherwise its ok
    rememberm3alway

Answer by rememberm3alway at 3:49 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I only had 1 pulled at a time. But no it doesn't hurt. they put so much novocaine in there you can't feel a thing but pressure.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:49 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• The procedure isn't bad its the healing part that sucks. But guessing from the fact you are on a mom site...you have handled worse in life as far as healing goes..*S*
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• they drug ya up. :) I had all 4 done at once and it's sore after but they give you some meds too. I think I ended up taking only one dose. It's super additive so didn't want to take any more than I needed.
    Anonymous

• I had mine done one at a time and never had any pain. Nope, not even after the novacaine wore off. They gave me percocet and didn't have to take any!Im sure everyone is a little different though
    Anonymous

• had all 4 pulled at the same time i got the sleeping meds or whatever couldnt see being awake for it.. and it hurt a little the day after but it wasnt too bad
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 5:53 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I guess my question is are they all they way in> Because I had to get mine cut out, which is different than getting them pulled. It was painful, but like everyone has said, they give you anesthesia, and afterwards, pain meds. Good luck!
    Erin1108

Answer by Erin1108 at 6:26 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I did all 4 at once because it was cheaper and he knocked me out. I don't remember a thing except them counting backwards as they gave me a sleeping gas and then woke up and couldn't remember anything.

Yeah I had to get them pulled because it became so painful. I know some who do just the numbing but I am to much of a whimp.
    partiesbyjan

Answer by partiesbyjan at 6:32 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• The procedure wasn't bad because they drug ya up good :)

The next couple of days to a week.....worse than childbirth for me. And that was with the take home vicodin.

I'm sorry I don't mean to scare you, that's just my experience!!
    Kylie819

Answer by Kylie819 at 7:05 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I heard all the horror stories...most included extreme pain and bruised faced, but I didn't experience any of that.

I all four of my wisdom teeth out when I was about 22 and it wasn't bad at all. They put me out and I remember afterward on the ride home all numb and feeling drunk (they obviously released me a little too early). Got home and slept on the couch the rest of the day. They prescribed me Tylenol w/Codeine for pain, which made me sick, so on day #2, I stopped taking the pain pills and didn't have any pain to follow.

The worst part of it all for me was that I got it done the Monday before Thanksgiving. We went to my boyfriend (now DH) grandfather's house for dinner and I had to go into the bathroom with my syringe and rinse the dinner out of my wisdom holes...how embarrassing!!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:12 AM on Apr. 2, 2009