Are you a single mom?

I am again.

I just got out of a 2 year relationship and it has been very hard for me but through all of this I am starting to realize that I was happier when I was a single mom and not in a dysfuncional relationship and I can't wait to get myself back on track.

ProudMom_5703

Asked by ProudMom_5703 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (-7 Credits)
  • I envy you! I'm where you were before you got out. Very dysfunctional here, and I'm working on getting myself more independent. Been six years of this mess, and may take me half that to get out.
    I feel like I'm single. No romance/cuddle time, no communication, no date nights, no help with the kids. He complains because he does the kitchen(when i do everything else including baths), depending on his mood. I think he does it to help, but then he turns around and complains about it. Anyway, blah blah blah....this is about you. I'm so glad you are free!!! It's like a weight off your shoulder I bet. Just takes some time getting use to. I know after my divorce I was so depressed, lost alot of weight, but I met more friends and moved on with my life and even though I'm "stuck" again I know it'll get better.

I know i was happier being a single mom. Congrats! Hope it works out well for you on your new life's journey! :)
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 4:00 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I wish you luck CinderAmethyst, please stay strong. You are worth more than that.

Thanks for your positive words. Eventually I will start feeling better about all of this and I will find myself being a happy single mom again. It is always hard when the one that you love, the one you thought would always be by your side dumps you and blames you for everything.

Us women are strong and we can all make it through whatever comes our way.

ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Yes I am and I am so much happier! I was with my babys father for 2 years and it was devistating. I'm better off without him though. I don't rely on anyone but myself. I am dating though with no strings attached and it is so much easier because I don't suffer another broken heart. I am very happy with my life even though its just me and my daughter right now but I'm looking for an independent and responsible man to help me raise my daughter.
    Native_Mommy253

Answer by Native_Mommy253 at 4:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Good for you momma. Good Luck!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 5:31 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I think it's good to be on your own, beats having to explain yourself all the time for every little thing. Being on your own means you don't have to answer to anyone but yourself...how refreshing! :)

And thank you proudmom, like you said.. us women are alot stronger than we give ourselves credit for sometimes. LOL Only AFTER all the drama do we figure that one out. LOL
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 5:49 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• baby dustGood for you! I'm sure it took a lot of courage, but you did it. Life it too short to be miserable. My mother still says the two best things she did in life were: 1) marry my father (to have us); and, 2) divorce his ungrateful behind. Be Blessed!

jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 8:44 PM on Apr. 1, 2009