Pregnancy weight gain and weight after baby.....

I am due May 5th with my second child and have only gained 1 pound. I had gained 6 but lost it due to having to watch my sugar. I wasn't over weight before I got pregnany but could have stood to lose a little weight. i am planning on breastfeeding. So do you think I will lose weight after pregnancy or stay where I am? Just wondering if anybody else was like this and what happened after baby......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• U only gained 1 lb through out the whole pregnancy? Did I understand that correctly?
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 4:37 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Yes, that is correct, 1 lb. I can't believe it either. With my first I gained 24#.
    Anonymous

• Wow- well, that basically means when you give birth you will have lost 24 lbs since they consider the whole pregnancy, birth blood and extra water all to weigh 25 lbs - so that's a good start - I didn't lose weight breastfeeding but I had a girlfriend who lost a ton Breastfeeding!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:28 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Wow isn't that a bad thing 2 only gain 1lb in a pregnancy? Its awesome that you wont have 2 try and lose a lot of weight after birth, but healthwise on the baby is that safe?
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 5:57 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• May 5? That's my son's b-day! 1lb! That can't be possible,can it?
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Yes, it is possible! And the baby is fine. I have had to have ultrasounds every visit due to my cervix!
    Anonymous