What is the BEST diet that has worked for you?

xoxomendyrox

Asked by xoxomendyrox at 3:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Not dieting has worked the best for me.

Crash/fad dieting which you intend to do only to lose weight and not to maintain (some crash/fad diets are not healthy for you to maintain long-term) usually results in gaining all of the lost weight and additional weight back.

Diet modification (which you should try to maintain forever), is the way to go. Red meats and sweets in moderation. Plenty of nuts, seeds and berries. Plenty of fruits and veg. Lots of fish and white meats. No processed meats (most sausages, hot dogs, lunch meats. Our bodies can't properly digest those things) and No processed grains starches (white/italian breads, white rice; our bodies can't digest those things either). No processes sugars (puts you at risk for DM II) and no excess sodium. Light exercise three times per day.

I've lost 50lbs in less than 4 months.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:02 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• While NovemberLove is correct, I can't seem to stay away from the white rice :) But I have changed our bread to whole grain bread. No soda, candy, or ice cream is allowed in our house unless it is a treat. And I only eat portion sizes...which compared to what I would normally eat cuts my meals in 1/2.

just by doing what I mentioned above, I have lost 10lbs, no exercise involved.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:17 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• i did hair analyses with my nutritionist and based on the results i was given/suggested a personal diet. meaning, there are food's that my body doesn't like and by eliminating/controlling that i lost my extra weight, no extra. And i was not starving!
    vova

Answer by vova at 4:27 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• You can lose weight with the natural vitamin I take , let me know if you like more info? Many moms have and are losing weight.. Read my journal posts..
    Have a great evening!
    Jen
    uniquecandle27

Answer by uniquecandle27 at 5:39 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• ive used slim shots and have lost 4 punds in 1 week!!!!
    Anonymous

• i eat 1200 cals a day and work my butt off!!!
    Anonymous

• I count calories. I only eat 1200 a day and I can eat whatever I want as long as I don't go over. It's more healthy eating. I get fat free, sugar free, low cal everything!!!!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I'd say if your going to spend $ on your weight loss program...do it right- maybe try an online personal trainer. I know this one is good ...http://successwithkatie.com !
    momyov2

Answer by momyov2 at 9:13 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Not dieting and not living in the US worked best for me. I lost the most weight and was in the best physical shape when I was stationed in Italy and did not have to subject myself to the processed, western diet..I could run miles and was to where I did not have to be taped when it was time to be weighed. Then I came back here, my thyroid took a crap on me, and I still work out 4 or 5 times a week, but cannot lose anything.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:14 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I have found success with the "Eat Right 4 Your Type" diet works best for me. I found the book at our local health food store. It is by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo and is not a fad diet, but a way of life for me. You must know your blood type and buy the book that pertains to your blood type. It will tell you what foods are beneficial for you and which ones to avoid. I love it!
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 7:41 AM on Apr. 2, 2009