Sweet Potatoe Fries???

I am baking some sweet potatoes in the oven as like fries, and this is the first time I am doing this. Does anyone have tips on seasonings to put on them or maybe a dipping sauce idea? How long should I cook them for? (Raw sweet potatoes cut like fries) At what temp do I cook them? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Food & Drink

• 1 - 1 1/2 lb sweet potatoes
    1/4 cup olive oil
    1/2 tsp kosher salt
    1/2 tsp paprika
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (preferably the easy release kind).
    Peal the sweet potatoes. Cut into strips that are about 1/2 inch wide on each side.
    Place the sweet potatoes into a sealable plastic bag. Add oil, salt, paprika and cinnamon. Seal the bag and shake well to thoroughly coat the fries. Spread the potatoes out onto the baking sheet in a single layer.
    Cook for 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes. Transfer immediately to a paper towel lined plate and serve warm.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:00 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Ingredients:
    Extra-virgin olive oil, for lightly coating
    6 large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced like steak fries
    2 teaspoons kosher salt
    1/4 packet taco seasoning mix
    Directions:
    Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
    In a large mixing bowl, drizzle oil over the potatoes and toss to coat. Add salt and taco seasoning mix and toss. Place sweet potato fries in one even layer onto a baking sheet. Keep space between them so they get crispy on all sides. Bake in batches.
    Place into the oven for 10 minutes, then flip them over. Place back in for 10 more minutes.
    vova

Answer by vova at 4:05 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I just peel them, cut them into fry shapes, put some olive oil and garlic salt on them, and bake them untl tender & dark gold. We dip them in a mixture of mayo and ketchup.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 4:18 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I just eat mine plain. They're so good that way!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 10:13 PM on Apr. 1, 2009