Falling with newborn...

I have a week old baby boy and I am not supposed to lift anything over 20 lbs so I went to the post office and had to carry him in. I am a very careful person but got dizzy and slipped down a couple of stairs and it terrified me! He is definately fine and didnt even cry but I was just hoping that I wasnt the only one that this has happened to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you're not alone it does happen as long as he's ok don't stress yourself out over it
    Anonymous

• i fell with the child when she was 2 months old. she wasnt hurt...i was with multiple bruises and cuts! dont feel bad..your not alone!
    averysmom72

Answer by averysmom72 at 4:11 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I think this happens to a lot more moms than you know, and to be honest i have bad back problems and am not supposed to lift over 10 pounds so I went to walmart and got me a little umbrella stroller to put in my trunk if i was just going to do something real quick but could not leave him in the car obviously or if your going some place that has carts park next to an abandonded cart I know your little one is still tiny so they also have all kinds of carriers that you can strap to you so you have both hands free to catch yourself in this case. I hope this helps
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 4:15 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• It is common. Babies, even newborns, fall, or roll, or get dropped. It happens. My son rolled off the bed when he was only a week old. Luckily my bed was a futon and it was broken so it was very very close to the ground. He was just a little scared. I've seen it happen too. It's not a big deal =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 5:18 PM on Apr. 1, 2009