How long does it take to c a child with adhd to notice a change after startin medicine?

Glenda8646750

Asked by Glenda8646750 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Kids' Health

• If the meds are working, you will notice a difference in about 2 weeks, the meds need to build up in his system. Talk to his/her teachers and see if they notice a difference, they may see it before you do. I didn't tell my sons teachers when I put him on meds and she called to ask if I did because he was paying attention more and his work was being done and he was having less problems. I told her he was and had been for about 2 weeks.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:11 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I think it depends on the kid. My oldest son I noticed a huge difference the very first day. My younger son, it was a week or two. I think it also depends on the symptoms, too, some are more...for lack of a better word, obvious than others, so you'll notice the improvement to those symptoms before others.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:23 PM on Apr. 1, 2009