Has anyone else noticed how Johnson's Baby Lotion will burn your eyes?

I use the Johnson's Baby Wash when I shower and Lotion after I shower. I rubbed it on my face and my eyes started tearing up. After that I didnt put it on my face again but had it on my hands still and didnt think about it and wiped under my eye (not directly on the eye lid etc) and my eyes started stinging/burning. Im wondering if this affects the baby's we usually smother with this lotion! I use the Pink lotion bottle.

Asked by PyraLynne at 12:31 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• Yes, Johnson's is full of harmful stuff. Blech. Initially, I switched to Aveeno, and then looked at the back and saw that it was made by Johnson's....LOL.

I use California Baby, Burt's Bee's, Cocoon Baby Wash, and most recently I bought some stuff called Baby Oh Baby. These are all organic/natural brands.

Some are difficult to find in stores, and so you might check online, or are some great sites:)

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 6:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• i read some where that to make their stuff tear free they use numbing agents, like novacaine..idk if its true, but geesh, imagine the sting if they didnt!
    and YES! i bet the lotion does burn their lil eyes! im not using it on their hands anymore! thanks P!♥

Answer by mommahall951 at 12:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I don't use Johnson & Johnson anymore b/c of it being loaded w/ chemicals that could be harmful. I use Burt's Bees and California Baby. They cost a little more yes but how often do you really have to purchase these items and to me it is worth it.

Answer by momoflilangel at 12:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• This is why I only use Renew lotion. Johnson's lotion has formaldehyde in it (Quaternium-15). I use Renew lotion on my face and even on my baby's diaper rash.

Answer by Nicollynne at 2:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Ok these replies are scary...I didnt know it had formaldehyde in it. Great. Time to find something else now. Thanks guys!

Answer by PyraLynne at 4:38 PM on Jun. 20, 2008