TMI - Mucus discharge at 17 wk 5 days

I've been discharging my whole pregnancy, but this is the first time it was mucus-y and white... it was like a long string (sorry this is gross) And I read on here that it sounds like my mucus plug, and americanpregnancy.org says "Passing a mucus plug is a sign that your cervix is dilating.." And I also read that you can slowly lose your mucus plug. Okay I get that. I got put on bedrest with my son early on because my cervix thinned in my 5th month. My Mother-in-law is telling me not to worry unless I start contracting or bleeding/spotting. (Naturally I'm still worrying) Is this normal or does it sound like a problem?

ExenoRainbow

Asked by ExenoRainbow at 4:47 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my doc told me that some women lose their plug over the time of their pregnancy, so it could be part of that or it could be just discharge. as long as its not brown or bloody
    trelyn

Answer by trelyn at 2:11 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• id call your OB and have them check you out just to make sure its a false alarm =) thats prolly the BEST thing you can do =)
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 4:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• When I was pregnant I was always told that the mucus plug was yellow-ish brown and sort of bloody. Have you seen Knocked Up? haha "bloody show" is the mucus plus. If it's just white, that's just discharge. It get's grosser the further along you are!
    ours

Answer by ours at 4:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• my mucus plug was clear...like snot...the color it should be lol
    Anonymous

• it doesnt sound like a mucus plug it sounds like normal discharge. try wearing panty liners however if it is a mucus plug it doesnt make you dilate. it will regenerate itself as well so dont worry about it. its normal.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:22 PM on Apr. 1, 2009