Did you have a VBAC?

My son is 4 months old, and we're going to start trying for our second and last child in June. Even though it's highly unlikely that I'd get pregnant in June, if I DID would I have given my body enough time to recover from my c-section in December? I almost feel badly for how great I healed after seeing other ladies suffer, and there is a tiny line which is a sad excuse for a "scar".

I REALLY wanted to get the vaginal birth experience, but my little guy had a lot of marconium (sp) when my water broke and I wasn't dilating. The doctor scared me into a c-section, which is fine my son is here and healthy! But this time around I'd really like to try for a normal birth with the pain and all haha.

ours

Asked by ours at 4:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Many doctors are fine with doing it - but not all. And some that were are now going to back not doing VBAC. I had my dd in February 08 and will have my 2nd child this coming September - so pretty close together. I had an emergency c-section. After talking to my doctor (who said it's up to me) I decided to go with another c-section. My doctor told me after I made my decision that she had just in the past week tried a VBAC with a patient (who had her last child a few years earlier via c-section) and her uterus ruptured. She said it was one of the most scarry moments of her life and she's reconsidering her standpoint on VBACs. I just think for my safety and the baby - for Me - a c-section is the best solution. It is your decision - just make in an informed one.
    Val1313

Answer by Val1313 at 5:01 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I had a VBAC. I told my doctor early on how i wanted to deliver vaginally this time around and he told me as long as everything goes okay with the baby and delivery than i would have one.
    Anonymous

• Wait what? Her uterus ruptured? How and why does that happen :/
    ours

Answer by ours at 5:07 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• my friends sister-in-law had a vbac and everything went find with her. im planning on getting one hopefully all goes well
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 6:57 AM on Apr. 2, 2009