• In the Spotlight:

I need some advice about birth control??

This is my first month on birth control since my 8 month old dasughter was born. Im taking Ortho Tri cyclen and Sunday I started taking the green pills which means I should have started and I still havent is this normal or is something wrong? Im stressing cuz I get to thinking about pregnancy.

mommyof20608

Asked by mommyof20608 at 5:04 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Health

• sometimes birth control can keep you from having your period. I would do a pregnancy test just to ease your mind.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 5:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Are you breastfeeding? Because my obgyn told me when I went to get My Mirena put in that breastfeeding mothers might not start their normal period for up to a year. But I would still discuss any concerns with your doctor.
    Jamie.143

Answer by Jamie.143 at 5:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Yes I was breast feeding.
    mommyof20608

Answer by mommyof20608 at 5:35 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Seeing as you are breastfeeding, I would take a pregnancy test. It should come back negative since you have been on the pill. If is is negative I would would not worry about being pregnant.

My OBGYN told me that it is rare to get a false negative unless it is too early to test.

I had wacky cycles after my second son was born and it lasted until I quite breastfeeding at 12 months.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:00 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I Breat fed my 1st daughter until she was a year old then my ssecond daughter until she was 7 months so I dont know. I called and talked to my nurse and she said i would be ok but if i dont start in a week or so come take a pregnancy test.
    mommyof20608

Answer by mommyof20608 at 6:49 PM on Apr. 1, 2009