Eye brow waxing ruined my face. Help!!

Last summer i had my eyebrows waxed and it was my first time ever. Well, how to explain this. But now i notice above my eyebrows where she peeled looks awful. It's like the wax took off the top layer of skin there and now when i look at my face, above my right eyebrow it looks like that eye brow is now higher than my left side because when she applied the wax, obviously it wasn't perfectly straight when waxed. Can tell by the lighter than usual skin now. Hope i explained this right. But my question is, how can i correct this now, so that my skin, forehead all looks the same colour. I am sick of wearing foundation each day to try to cover up that area above my eyebrows.? I pointed it out to my mom and she said she would never tell if i hadnt showed her but after i showed her she was like, What is that, why does it look like that?? LOL... Would a face peel work? Any home remedies to peel the top layer of skin?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I'm an esthetician. It sounds as if the wax was too hot and you have a scar from the burn. Peels are tricky to work with - I would recommend you have it done professionally. I'm not aware of any over the counter peels - but that may be because I have been in the beauty profession for more than 30 years and I only use professional products.
    The only thing I can think of that is over the counter are masks but they are not the same as a peel.
    Peels are acids that dissolve the top layers of the skin. They can even out skin tone and diminish scars.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 8:53 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Don't get a face peel! Then you'll be checking out your neck all the time. Could make things worse. If your mom didn't even notice it, chances are it's not really that big a deal after all. Stick with the makeup.
    Anonymous

• im a cosmotologist, of approx. 20 years...i agree with PrttyMstng. id go to someone who has some experience in skin care & skin care products. if your mom didnt notice & your obsessing i really dont think that any one person will be able to help you. Your going to find fault in whatever they will do for you as well. and quite honestly im afraid to even suggest anything for you, but there are products on the market that you can buy over the counter such as neutrogena advanced solutiions facial peel. I personally would advise you to put vitiman E oil on the scared tissue 3-4 times a day for about 8 weeks or so. Vitiman E is a good source for heeling scars. Understand that damaged skin is just that "damaged" you can not repair it & damaging the rest of your face to match it isnt recommended eighter...so relax, ignore your red spot, if you dont fuss no one else will eighter...trust me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Thank you so much ladies for your advice/suggestions! I'm hoping the more pale look i have above my eyebrows will slowly get better. Maybe i need to do a facial peel professionally soon then. I'm sure with all the tanning i have done in the years contributes to the now difference of my waxed area verses the other part of my skin. I will see what i can find in my area, maybe make some phone calls.. Thanks again!
    Anonymous