my son won't take medicine!

every time i try to give him medicine he gags and either throws up or starts screaming. how do you give medicine to your child??

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 5:27 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i use a syring or a dropper..i tell him.."open up for meds and then juice." offer a cup of something special to drink afterwards...my sons fav thing is mango peach juice so the only time he gets it is when hes taking meds.

another thing to consider is the type of meds ur giving..does it have a flavor..if its RX meds get it flavored at walmart....does he like this flavor...maybe i should try another flavor as some over the counter meds come in several flavors...good luck
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 5:32 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Mix it in his juice or food.. Works like a charm! Have a great evening! Jen
    uniquecandle27

Answer by uniquecandle27 at 5:35 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I heard if you put it in their cheek that they can't spit it out. My kids take it wonderfully though so I guess I'm no help. Like put the syringe tip to their cheek not just on their tongue or whatever.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 5:50 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My son used a "binky", so we got this medicine giver thing lol that you put medicine into and give to them. its like a tiny bottle but looks like a binky. maybe try changing flavors too?
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 6:35 PM on Apr. 1, 2009