Stretch marks

Wow I never noticed how bad my stretch marks were until I looked in the mirror this morning while getting dressed.. I mean I used to have a few stretch marks because I was always a thick female so I have gotten used to having stretch marks but I never noticed how many more I've gained after being pregnant I mean they are only on my belly and the are bad I mean just around my belly now none on my back or any thing like that just on my belly where it has grew and stretched lol well I am used to them but I wondering is really any thing you could use to get rid of them because I think stretch marks are just something you will have to get used to and live with it I love mines because they remind me of my baby. Many of my friends who have kids say they hate their stretch marks and says that there are things that could help is peanut butter one of them? lol my bestfriend says that peanut butter helps and olive oil. Waht do u think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• LMAO peanut butter?!?!

i think your friend was pulling a "april fools" joke on you... thats funny!
    Anonymous

• I use Palmer's Stretch Mark Massage Lotion. I've been using it since I became pregnant and luckily have not seen any appear...yet. I also had some previous stretch marks on my upper butt and they have reduced in size since I've been using the lotion. It might not get rid of them completely...those stubborn little things...but it quite possibly could help reduce the visibility of them!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:32 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• MY TIGER STRIPES THATS WHAT I CALL THEM, I LOVE THEM....
    pregnproud88

Answer by pregnproud88 at 5:36 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• dh refers to mine as my road map.. lol.. i have them really bad!!!! from my thights all the way up to my breast.. i tryed alot of different stuff but nothing worked for me.. i hope you can find something to work for you.... DO NOT ITCH THEM
    tracymommyof5

Answer by tracymommyof5 at 5:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• You could try any stretch mark cream, (I keep hearing Cocoa Butter is the best) but chances are you'll just have to wait until they fade on their own. And don't worry, they will fade.
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 5:55 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I am right there with you! i am thick and I have old not noticible ones but man after my pregnancy belly, my stomach disgusts me. They are very dark, only on my stomach around my belly button and below. But really NOTHING gets rid of them. Coco butter is not a help at all. Mederma actually does help but it is gradual. They will never completely go away. The skin texture is different there. They will dafe over time to the same your others are. There is a electric procedure basically like the removal of a tattoo. It hurts, takes many sessions, and is expensive.

Its a price we pay to be a mama!

sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 6:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I like mine. I like to think of them as battle scars! The only way I know of to really get rid of them is to go to a medical spa and they have laser stretch mark removal.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 8:24 PM on Apr. 1, 2009