I was in labor for only an hour with my son...will I have another fast delivery this time?

In 2005 I had my daughter and was in labor 18 hours. I got pregnant again 5 months later and had my son in 2006. I felt my first contraction at 9:50 am and delivered him at 10:52 am. Once I got to the hospital I was already fully dialated so they refused to give me an epidural. I had to deliver him naturally and was in terrible, terrible pain. Im pregnant again and TERRIFIED that the labor will go too fast for me to get drugs...lol. I even switched doctors so I can deliver at a hospital 15 minutes away from my home so we can get there fast when the time comes. Do I have a high chance of delivering really fast again?

Bella05

Asked by Bella05 at 5:36 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• what my dr did with my last one was he squedualed an induction for 2 weeks prior to my delivery date.. after my water was broke she was herer 20 min later!! mind you i was only at 4 when he broke it lol!! my first was my longest she was 3 1/2 hours.. my second was 1 hr 45 min and the twins were 45 min then 20 for the baby...... they were all natural.. i tryed drugs with the first 2 but they didnt work till after thy were born.. they made me wiht the teins in case i needed an emergency c section.. the baby i did it ll natural.. if you do as fast you wont be in pain too long to worry about the drugs anyways.
    tracymommyof5

Answer by tracymommyof5 at 5:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Well lets see my mom had five kids:
    1. 28hours
    2. 2.5 hours
    3-5. 4-6 hours

I dont know if that helps.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 5:59 PM on Apr. 1, 2009