So when do you kick up the notch with 1st foods?

My baby girl just started eating cereal not too long ago. She's doing great with it. Every day for the last week she has eaten probably the equivelant of 2 full tablespoons of cereal. I've just been feeding her cereal once a day in the afternoon. When would I start to put a second cereal feeding into her schedule? And how long after that could I start baby food 1st stages? Or is there a set time? I'm lost and confused!! I'm in no rush, I'm just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd buy stage 2 jars. They'll last at least 2 meals and are more cost effective. They have single ingredients jars, so you just run through those first.

You can do it any time YOU want to. What we did was start late 4 months/early 5 months with baby food. When we added veggies to their diet, we added a meal. When we added fruit to their diet, we added the third meal. No real logic behind it...just what we did.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:59 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• You can go ahead with the 1st food anytime you want. Just remember to give her the same new food at least 3 days in a row before moving on to a different new food. And consider skipping straight to the single ingredient 2nd foods - the packs are bigger for the same money and they aren't really any thicker. Just steer clear of things like blueberry applesauce mix until she has had plain applesauce.
    My doctor had me add a "meal" every couple of months so she was getting 3 small meals and 2 tiny finger food snacks when she turned 1.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Anonymous