For Mom's who had Colicky Babies

Just curious - I think I only think about it so often cause I am on CM reading about how happy, smily, wonderful most babies are and I see that when I drop my son off at his daycare but his colic was so bad for 6 months that I barely remember good times with him - he had 14 hours a day of crying everyday - I wanted 2 kids but refuse to even think about it now and feel like I am scarred towards babies - I used to be the one to hold everyone's babies and now I can't - don't want to and there's no interest... could i be scarred ??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'm the same way. I really wanted two kids but our first year was such a living hell that both my husband and I said there was no way we would risk living through that again or putting our daughter through that same hell again with a sibling.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

•  Hope you will take a look. I work for a company that has a product. that removes heavy metals and toxins from the body. studies have been done of the umbilical cords of newborns that reveals that the umbilical cord blood has 200 chemicals and toxins. Now if that be true, it stands that these babies are experiencing toxic overload. Just today in the USA Today there was an article written on toxicity levels near schools and how this severely affects our children. I am seeing more and more reports like this. It is no wonder our children and adults are becoming ill. Back to the colic I wonder If the toxic burden placed on our children will manifest itself in colic.(  No one has ever been able to explain COLIC  to me)   This video makes sense to me.  go to www.tgw247.com and let me know what you think.  

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 6:12 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• that was my 4th and I went on to have 5. I think had he been my first we would never had another one. I think this is just fear because when I became pregers with my 5th I was suicidal at the thought of another baby screaming for 18 hrs a day. He was a normal baby, not too fussy, not an angel. Don't deprive yourself of more children and your child of sibs. You will get over it before you know it. I would give one small piece of advice from experience...do NOT have your kids close together if you have a hard time with crying babies. Just space them out about 3 yrs or so and all will be fine.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:39 PM on Apr. 1, 2009