Your Daddy

Do you have a good relationship with your Daddy? I was until he died when I was 18. Over 20 years ago and I still miss my Daddy. I sound like a kid, I know.

sweetmom1007

Asked by sweetmom1007 at 5:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Cont~ me the most in molding me as a person and for that I am grateful. He lived seventy two years & I lost him to heart disease from complications of diabetes RIP~ Til we meet again.

I can remember a time when I was young &foolish and thought I was in love. I was crying b/c of a breakup with a guy that was a gigolo, he came to me & said," you don't need him you are beautiful, intelligent & sweet." But it was the way he built my self-esteem at that moment & as I swallowed my tears he'd wipe them and made me feel so much stronger... til I then agreed with him and said to him you're right Dad, I don't need him, he's stupid, unattractive & dumb... we both laughed and then was when I realized I have to find good guy like him someday. Thankfully I succeeded & I believe I owed it all to him. It was then I realized he had ingrained in me my self-worth & that I should never just settle.
    Bellafleurs

Answer by Bellafleurs at 7:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• yes, I do. I always felt much closer to my dad than my mom. I almost feel protective of my dad sometimes, in a way.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 5:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Yes I love my dad he's the best.
    sgrbear

Answer by sgrbear at 5:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• We have a civil relationship. He didn't come into my life until I was 17 despite living about a mile away from me. Now we talk and my kids call him grandpa but it's not a very close relationship or anything. His son and one of his granddaughters died within a short time of each other and I think thats what made him try and create a bond between us. His other daughters and his wife also use to HATE me and always gave me evil looks but now they try and include us in family things and their kids call me auntie. It's a work in progress.
    Anonymous

• I am very close to my dad and always have been. I honestly think I am closer to him than w/ my mom. Gotta love him!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 5:57 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Yes I am such a daddy's girl still at the age of 38.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 5:59 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I had a great relationship with my father til almost 6 yrs ago when he remarried and she manipulated him into dropping his daughters like a lead balloon.

In the last couple of years he's slowly started becoming a part of my life again which has been nice but its still not what it was and probably never will be.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 6:01 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I have the most incredible relationship with my daddy! He's always been one of my best friends. My parents split when I was three and daddy moved to Ft. Wayne, IN and we came here to the STL area. That 350 mile trip to see me was made at least once a month, and there hasn't been a day in my life where I have not at least spoken to my dad on the phone. I have never wanted for anything, all I have ever had to do was just ask. I'm his only chld, and nothing in this world makes me feel better than knowing that I have made my dad proud! Well, at least that was before I had my daughter! ;) My dad is still single, and as I haven't exactly understood why, I know that I would be WAY too protective of him, and over critical of anyone that would try to be in his life. She would have to be a very special lady, and although I know if daddy liked her, she's already special, I know I'll always be his #1 girl!
    Lillysmomma1024

Answer by Lillysmomma1024 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My father really didn't want a relationship with me.My parents divorced when I was 1;they'd been married a year and a half! When he took me for visits,all he would do was take me to a bar,or to his house and plop me in front of the tv and head to the garage.Nice huh?He stopped the visits after my mom found out where he was taking me.We did the birthday and Christmas gift drop off at my house until I was 11,then he broke off total contact with me.When I was 16,I got a call that he was dying and wanted to see me.I told him to shove it.I figured his time had passed to be a dad,he had his chance.I was just a kid,I didn't deserve to be forgotten like that.All my attempts at a relationship with him thru the years were ignored.When I needed him he was MIA.I couldn't forgive that.He should have stepped up and been a man,but he chose otherwise.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:34 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I had a wonderful relationship with my dad. i miss him though, he passed away five years ago next month. You never outgrow the love of a parent. I have had many dreams with him but I always find myself running after him near the end of my dreams & upset when I awake. Although , I oftentimes find that my dreams of him are his way of telling me he is still near. They are usually peaceful... just like he was. My dad was a man of few words but his love was endless. He had a lovely spirit, was well respected,a loyal friend & great family man. To know him was to love him. He was a gentle man & I will never forget the lovely smile he always had when he'd come to visit. But it is his wisdom that helped m
    Bellafleurs

Answer by Bellafleurs at 6:58 PM on Apr. 1, 2009