stripping of membranes question?? please answer!

So monday at my doc apt i was told i'm 2cm 90% effaced -1 and that his heads VERY VERY low lol and also she told me with all my contractions i'm on the brink of labor and asked if i'd like a little nudge and i said sure! so she stripped my membranes and said this could just push me over the edge into labor and said she's suprised that my water hasnt broke yet because the sack was very tight and bulging trying to push through my cervix lol but everything looks good sounds good ect...

So my question is to those of you who have had your membranes stripped how long after did you go into labor? and what was your dilation and effacement status when yours were stripped?

p.s. i'm 39 weeks prego tomorrow

_Callie_

Asked by _Callie_ at 5:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had my weekly check-up on a Monday. My doctor asked me what day I would like to have my baby and I told her Wednesday. She stripped my membranes and sure enough, at around 11:00 on Wednesday, my water broke! Had my baby at 8:30 that night! Can't beat that!
    madsmom11597

Answer by madsmom11597 at 6:03 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I was at like 2 cm and 60% effaced when mine were stripped I had my son 2 days later.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 6:36 PM on Apr. 1, 2009