Why don't kids where seatbelts on school buses? I saw a bunch of kids moving from seat to seat and walking back and forth on the bus driving in front of me today. Is this allowed?

I think they should be buckeld up.

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 5:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• I do too, but it would cost a small fortune to outfit all busses with them. Not that I think that is a decent excuse. But I have also heard the excuse that kids wouldnt use them and who would enforce them, the driver needs to focus on driving not kids and belts.

Also have heard that officials worry about slowing drops, b/c of kids fumbling with belts.

I WANT buses to have them, I think they need them, but there is a lot to think about with them.
    They need to figure it out!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:01 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I've also wondered this. I don't think moving around is allowed but alot of kids don't listen! When I was younger, our bus driver must not have liked us because we had to sit 3 to a seat and even after kids would get off the bus and there would be empty seats, she wouldn't let us move! Actually I'm pretty sure she hated a few of us.
    Anonymous

• People shouldn't be running around or walkin or gettin up from the seats when the bus is in motion, its not allowed, but some people like 2 break rules
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 6:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• They shouldn't be getting up and walking around on the bus. The bus driver is supposed to tell them to sit down.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• But how do they expect one person to control over 50 kids? Most being teenagers.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 7:05 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• our small buses have them,but not the big ones.I think its an age thing,by the time they are on the big buses[here]they should know better to sit down-middle school and high
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:44 PM on Apr. 1, 2009