Water Bottle

Is it safe to give a five month old plain water?

LoniRae89

Asked by LoniRae89 at 5:58 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Its safe in small amounts and can help in the event of constipation, but it is not necessary as they get all their water from breast milk and/or formula.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:10 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• You can give water in a bottle but do not prop it up. But babies don't need water. I use to give my dd water in a sippy cup when she was old enough to hold a trainer cup. That would have been about 5 months. She would drink maybe 1 or 2 sips that is it.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 6:22 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Yes you can give your baby water. Just not ALL the time. And let them have it as they please, don't make them drink it or anything. If it's hot where you live, and he/she is thirsty or dehydrated then it's fine. As long as its not an all day thing, just MAYBE one bottle full for the WHOLE day. Not a big deal. I did it just fine. And my son was a little younger not much though. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 6:31 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Oh yeah, I forgot about the sippy cup. When we introduced the sippy cup at 6 months, I just left it around with some water and she would drink from it occasionally, no harm no foul, it was a great way to let her just get used to it without pushing it on her.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:41 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• why do some of you women haved to be such bitches when they are serious? all were trying to do is get the other womens opinion damn you ladies bitch alot!!!
    Anonymous