can you still be pregnate while you have your period?

let me know cause i have alot to ask of you!!

turtles_00

Asked by turtles_00 at 6:00 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• nope, sorry
    Anonymous

• It occurs sometimes but that is something that if it happens you need to be seen by your ob. That way it can be monitored and to make sure the baby is fine.
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 6:02 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Though its not a real period only mild spotting should (if it happens) occur.
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 6:04 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• There are women who claim to have had their periods during pregnancy.
    While that is physically impossible (your menstrual cycle includes shedding of the lining of the uterus - that would never happen during pregnancy except in the case of miscarriage) there are many women who have experienced spotting during pregnancy and mistaken it for their periods.

So, yes. You can bleed during pregnancy and mistake it for a menstrual cycle.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:09 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I had a "period" while pregnant. My periods are even still, ALWAYS weird. So yes. You CAN still be bleeding. I was having a "period" on time, every month, for as long as the entire pregnancy. I had mine till about five months, when i was five and a half months i found out i was pregnant, having a boy, and 22 and a half weeks pregnant all in one day =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 6:21 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My mother had a few periods when she was pregnant with me. So yeah, it's possible.
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 8:01 PM on Apr. 1, 2009