50yr old mom recently separate (1yr) please tell me am I ready 2 date?

mind u's i got beautiful grown kids daughter 21 and son 19 and also adopting a 6yr old and 4 sibling love them 2 death. he was very verbally abusive and he started drinking out of the ordinary. we were together for 24yrs. (long time huh). he left then a couple months went by he left the other women he pick up and we got together not a month went by and he was right back with her. he once confess to his mother that the reason he went back with her was to get revenge on her. his own mother and family tells me to move on but I'm holding back why? can anyone help me on this PLEASE :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• You're never TOO old for anything baby....get your swerve on. Hell we ain't adults till we are 50 anyway.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 6:12 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I think you're the only person who will know when its time to really move on.
    Native_Mommy253

Answer by Native_Mommy253 at 6:18 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Mine went to another woman after 12 years.Half as long as you.His family must know what kind of guy he is if they are on your side to move on.Which is great.I had some anger issues to deal with after my divorce.I dated during that time and tried to get into relationships.which all went terribly wrong.I know now that it was too soon.I'm married a second time now.I'll never be in another relationship again if this went south.You need to be okay with yourself just the way you are.But that doesn't mean you can't have fun.Go on a fun vacation(just girls). and stuff like that.If a future relationship is meant to be it will happen.Just have fun and make you happy.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 6:37 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I would date if it were me. You can wait for him if you want but date while waiting. It will be great for your self esteem and good practice if you want to break from him permanently not to mention it will show him you are not a doormat in front of a revolving door just for him

Answer by admckenzie at 7:48 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Date! 50 is not old at all. Your kids are grown, you still have some youth left in you. Have fun while you can. Never wait around for anyone if they aren't showing you they really want you. Especially at this point in life.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:51 AM on Apr. 2, 2009