Would you let your 18 month old audition for a acting/modeling agency........

we have been aske by a reputable company to have our daughter audition for a acting/modeling agency, we have checked the agency's crudentials and everything is on the up and up, but I guess we are having a hard time deciding if it would benefit her, I know any money she made would go towards a college fund. But i was in the business as a child and it was a business geared more towards pagents back then, there is NO WAY I would let her do pagents now......let me know what you all think......please no bashing just honest opinions!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'd probably go for the acting part more than the modeling. I might try it out but I wouldn't try to make it a full blown career. Might be fun! It's really up to you guys if you feel comfortable letting her try it.
    Anonymous

• I might, but I would keep strict rules about it. I wouldnt let her model anything I wouldnt approve of her wearing, I dress my dd conservatively. lol

I wouldnt let it get to carried away, if she is not enjoying it then it should be over.
    Anonymous

• Well, if you're interested, there is nothing wrong with checking it out. If she gets a job, be very careful of any contracts you are asked to sign. Its all about balance and keeping it in perspective, IMO. Good luck if you decide to go ahead with it!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 6:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I might if there was no money involved on my end. I would not give them any money if they want my child that bad it should not cost me a thing. I agree too with the above poster about not getting 'carried away' and making sure that any 'job' that was pursued DD was enjoying.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:15 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I did, and I don't regret it. A photographer was out here taking pics of my newborn Golden Retriever puppies for an advertisement and she happened to see my then-18-month-old son sitting on the tractor deck, covered in crud from monkeying around in the barn. She snapped a picture, then asked permission from me to show it to some ad guys looking for a kid for a detergent ad for a magazine. Well, they didn't pick him, but they did contact me about him. He's done a few modeling jobs, no big deal, most of them were for charity causes like breast cancer research. He enjoyed it, but he didn't really mind too much when they told us he'd have to wait until his front teeth came in before any more!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 6:16 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I personally won't. no pageants either. I just feel that children already get forced to grow up way earlier than they should, and I want my kids to be just that KIDS for as long as possible.
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 7:16 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I might if the kid was into it but the second it became an issue with the kid we'd stop.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:45 PM on Apr. 1, 2009