My 10 month old little boy does not like drinking juice (normal and mixed with water) I would think that he would like it 'cause it's sweet. Is it something he'll grow to like???

coppertopmom

Asked by coppertopmom at 6:13 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i rarely give my kids juice, only some pear juice to help with constipation. to me its just empty calories so they drink water besides formula/milk.
    AgentBrez

Answer by AgentBrez at 6:20 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Drinking too much fruit juice can lead to dental problems, malnourishment and even obesity. If he doesn't want it, go with that.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 6:22 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• He might like it later or he might not. Try water instead. It's better for you anyway.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Later. But you should be happy that he doesn't want sweets now. My daughter doesn't like sweets much either. She's more of a spice baby.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 7:09 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• If he doesn't like just that's fine don't give to him. I don't give my 7 month old juice as a daily drink. She's had a few sips to try and that's it. Whole fruits are much more nutritious. When he get's older he may like it then.
    Anonymous

• Good for him! You should keep him to milk and water anyway. Regular fruit is much healthier for baby than juice.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I don't understand why you would want him to have it. I have no plans to give Emi juice until she's at least 2. And then VERY watered down. If I even do it then. I don't drink juice either.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 1:00 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Arisce ~ I get WIC checks every month for juice. The lady @ the office told me he should be learning to drink from a cup by giving him watered down juice in it. That gave me the impression that he should be drinking it. I hardly ever drink juice myself like you said.
    coppertopmom

Answer by coppertopmom at 9:25 AM on Apr. 9, 2009