step daughter loosing her hair.....plus the texture has turned wirey(sp?)

My 2 yo sd used to have an ok amount of hair but now I cant even put a little pony on top of her head, plus the texture changed to coarse wirey, has anyone experienced that, what should I say to BM?

6kids1man

Asked by 6kids1man at 6:16 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• why would you say something to BM ? Hair changes thickness and texure change over time puberty stress nutrition genetics kwim
    CSRodriguez

Answer by CSRodriguez at 6:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I would get her thyroid checked as weird as that sounds. Generally people who have hypothyriodism will start to lose thier hair in some degree... and it will become like... i dont want to say "straw" feeling, but it's like it almost loses all it's shine and nutrients?
    JoslinIrene77

Answer by JoslinIrene77 at 6:27 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• good point joslinIrene77
    CSRodriguez

Answer by CSRodriguez at 7:05 PM on Apr. 1, 2009