Learning Movies

So what are some great learning movies for babies and tots?Im also wanting to expose him to Spanish.

MrsBentine

Asked by MrsBentine at 6:16 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My youngest adored the Baby Einstein videos. She's 5 and will still sometimes pop one in. Her favorites were Baby Galileo and Baby Neptune.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 6:38 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Mine hated the Baby Einsteins. If you just want to expose her to different languages, put in just about any kids movie and select spanish on the DVD's language menu. Keep in mind that kids learn language by hearing and seeing people use it and TV does not count as "people".
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:48 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Babies learn through interacting with people and their world, not from things on TV. Your baby will not learn a language by watching it on TV. For example, it has been proven that if you put the TV on for hearing children of deaf parents, they will not learn to speak or understand the language on the TV.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 8:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Babies shouldn't be watching TV period.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:28 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• When I take a shower I put a video in for my daughter. I bought the program from yourbabycanread.tv and I HIGHLY recommend it.
    lovepink26

Answer by lovepink26 at 10:35 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• omg what morons that say babies shouldnt watch tv.. i bet your mothers had u watching tv when they were holding you.. dont tell me u turned your head away and went omg i cant watch this tv im a baby its HORRID for me!!! come on ppl babies are humans and will grow up to be who they want to be gotta stop with all the rules and smothering them.. ppl get way to paranoid and to fearful just love play and live ur life like normal with ur baby its not brain surgery or really that serious!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I also disagree with the person that said babies shouldn't be watching TV period, I mean its each individual parents choice, i wouldn't condem if you chose not to allow your baby to watch TV but not all TV is bad and i do believe it should be limited, and should not replace the time that you should spend with your child but we can't all spend every waking moment interacting with our babies, even though we'd like to, I mean if you have to shower or are cooking, many times where its appropriate to let your child watch something educational. I have two kids and they do not watch cartoon network, we don't even have cable. They watch a bit the PBs shows in the morning and sometimes a disney DVD with me and my husband. We have movie night once a week and its so awesome, but I do not flip out if they watch cartoon network at someone elses house its not a big dea. they are kids that will eventually grow into adults who will watch TV.
    LoganAndKennedy

Answer by LoganAndKennedy at 12:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2009