how can i better my chances of conceiving a girl

Asked by chinkbee7 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• pray

Answer by momoflilangel at 12:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I read one time to conceive a boy either have sex doggy style or have your orgasm followed by your partner's orgasm. If that is true then you should be better able to conceive a girl by having him on top and you not having an orgasm. OMG, that sounds like my entire sex life with my x husband! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 1:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• pray... The sex of the child has nothing to do with when a person orgasms or what position they do. It has to do with what sperm get's in the egg first! All eggs are x chromosome and sperm are X or Y. XX=girl and XY=boy.  Good luck :)

Answer by SAHMinIL at 1:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Try sperm spinning for the best results. They can separate the male/female and the inseminate only girl sperm. Sounds silly but it does work.

Answer by FAHTMOM at 1:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• OK here's the science stuff without artificail insemination. Female sperm live longer than male sperm. Male sperm, however, swim faster. So if you know pretty close to when you first ovulate have sex like crazy. The closer the egg gets to the uterus the better chance a boy will follow. But there are no guarantees. No matter what the gender tho' you will love your child.

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• female sperm are stronger and last longer, male sperm are faster though. so if you want a chance of having a girl have sex before you ovulate

Answer by SuperMommy0212 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I'm currently in the same boat. We have two boys and would love to have a little girl. I've been doing A LOT of research and this is what I've found:
    -male (Y) sperm swim faster than female (X) sperm, but are more fragile
    -drying up CM (cervical mucous) can help the chances of conceiving a girl
    -BD just after AF and have a cutoff of 2-3 days before O

Don't know if this helps, but this is what I'm trying:
    Cranberry tablets (helps CM for a girl), calcium supplements, magnesium tablets, prenatal and DHA vitamin, BD after AF and cutting off about 3-4 before O
    I can't stick to the gender diet, so I just add the supplements to my regular diet.
    I found a ton of great info at this link

I really hope this helps and isn't too confusing. Good luck on that girl!!

Answer by jthimes at 12:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2008