• In the Spotlight:

concerns about Step daughter

My step daughter just turned 2 she is kind of a chubby toddler she is 35lbs already and when you touch her skin it stays white forever and when she is getting rolls on her back, I dont know if the skin staying white for a long time means anything but I am concerned about her weight exspecially with all the talk on the news about childhood obesity. She eats like crazy but she doesnt like anything that is good for her, I try and feed her healthy stuff when she is with us but how do I voice my concerns to the BM, df has same concerns............oh and she has only been in our lives for the past year so we dont have a great relationship with the bm we had to go through paternity and other bs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Her father should be the one to bring it up if he is concerned. Try giving some suggestions of healthy foods that are really easy to make and taste good too. A lot of people rely on quick meals and snacks, and think that healthy food is too hard to make. Other than that, all you can really do is to offer her healthy food and no junk while she is with you. If her mother will allow it, you can send healthy snacks and things back with her too.
    Anonymous

• My 2 year old weighs 32 lbs and she is no where near "fat" . your step daughter is still a baby and she will probably grow out of it. Maybe you should just relax and offer her healthy foods when shes with you.
    Anonymous