I want your personal experience

you know how in the begining of your pregnancy you get the "period cramps" for a while...well i want to know how long your cramps lasted and about how far along you were when you started getting them and when they stopped. and im not talking about ligament pain either. btw i am 7 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know what cramps you are talking about, they feel like menstrual cramps.

I got them around...oh, probably 5 weeks, and they lasted off and on until I was about 12 weeks.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:44 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I got them, they were never persistant, but off and on, starting about 6 weeks, and ending at about 11-12 when I started feeling more of the stretching.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 6:45 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I never got period cramps..... When my uterus really streatched around 14 weeks I felt discomfort but not constant pain. I never had real pains until around 27 weeks.....
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 6:45 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Well, I first noticed them before I even found out I was preggers(9 weeks along). I would guess they started at about 4-6 weeks. Then maybe ended at about 11-12 weeks. I don't know, I didn't really keep track; but I that's MY rough estimate on mine.
    ReginaGallo

Answer by ReginaGallo at 6:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I had the cramps you are talking about, scared me to death. I kept thinking I was gonna start my period or miscarry. It worried me to death and sometimes I'd just cry about it. But it started around 5 weeks and stopped for a few weeks and then started up again from week 8 to 10 and now at almost 14 weeks i still get them occasionally. don't worry though, some sites will say it's not normal but it's probably just normal for YOU as it is for ME! Good luck!
    javila

Answer by javila at 6:48 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I got them around idk 3 weeks I think, I thought I was just gonna get a period because I was kind of PMSing and with the cramps I thought FUR SURE it was just that time, (i get a period maybe once a year) and it never came...I went to the doctor concerned because i just KNEW i was gonna get it because of how I was feeling and it had been like another 2 weeks and I still felt the same and still no period and he told me I was pregnant and about 6 weeks 1 day (they did an ultra sound to make sure it wasnt ectopic) and it lasted until about 8 weeks, than I felt great!!! now I am 20 weeks and i am streching and I feel them all over again, I thought I was miscarring, but it turns out that its compleatly normal LOl man did I feel silly!
    the doctor said its just round ligiment pain now thta I am so far along!
    Anonymous

• I can't really say- I had them when my period was due, and noticed them here or there (and they scared me) they faded away then all of a sudden these Braxton hicks thingies started messing with me... so if i don't get enough water to drink i still get cramps....
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 7:34 PM on Apr. 1, 2009