Liquid Formula

Am I suppose to refrigerate the unopened containers of liquid formula? What about the ones that have already been opened?

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 7:02 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No unopened can be room temp, open in the fridge
    Anonymous

• The liquid cans of formula need to be left in the fridge after they have been opened; and I believe they need to be used or tossed within 24 hrs of opening (not 100% sure). I think it tells you somewhere on the can (in fine print).
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:58 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• You need to refrigerate the open containers. I always used them or threw them within like 48 hours. The last thing I needed was for my little one to be drinking bad formula. Yuck!!! The unopened containers can be left at room temperature until you need them. I eventually switched to the powdered formula when my son was like 3 months old though because it seemed much easier. Good Luck!
    jmoran

Answer by jmoran at 10:57 AM on Apr. 2, 2009