Sharp pains in breast... Concerned or not?

I've always had larger breast and now am growing more and more. I'm going into a 40 dd. I've been getting these very sharp pains that shoot from the side of my breast to the middle of my breast. Very painful I have to push on my breast where the pain is to lessen the pain. Also itchy nipples. I've tried the oil for your nipples and it works. I'm more worried about the pain. I've checked for lumps and have found nothing abnormal. But I was examining my breast the other day and noticed I have directly on the teet like an odd bump. Are these pains normal? I am planning to breast feed.

momgal

Asked by momgal at 7:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the pain-normal
    the bump-i dont think there are supposed to be bumps on your boobs even though i have some hard spots on my breast but its not cancer its just my muscles..

im gonna BF too but the pain yeah...im 37 weeks and they still hurt sometimes..
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 7:50 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I am much smaller but have grown immensly, from a small b to a large c- I have gotten the pains, I have breastfed two in th epast and will breastfeed this one.

the sharp pain is supposedly just my milk ducts prepping for baby... sigh... it does hurt.
    I have also gotten extremely dry and itchy- doc recommended Eucerin and the calming itch releif formula has worked wonders for me but I have to apply it like three times a day
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 8:15 PM on Apr. 1, 2009