When Should you take the law into ur own hands?

I'm in tears, me and my 2 boys, ages 4/2 were in our yard. They were in the sandbox and I was picking up the toys in the yard. I look up and there is my neighbor pants around his knees, masterbating in front of my kids. I call the police and they told me it was out of their hands bc I have had a previous conflict with him when he was caught in my window, peeping. Is this insane? Or am I just wrong and should just shut up.

mrsfarris

Asked by mrsfarris at 7:50 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• Call the state police. Call the district Attorney's office. Call the local news station and report to them that the police know about this guy and have done nothing. You want to see the cops jump through some hoops and get that guys arrested, call everyone! If theire is a school close by call the department of education - sex offenders can't live within so my feet/miles of schools, churches or day cars in all 50 states. Talk to all of the nieghbors. Take his picture while his in the act, and bring it to the police. Take a face shot of him and blaster it all over town.

Personaly,if that had happend in front of our children, I'd be bailing my husband out of jail becuase he'd have killed that man, or attempted to, or he'd be bailing me out.

Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 8:35 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I would keep calling the police. Hopefully they'll help, if for no reason than to get you to stop calling =) That totally could just be one officer's opinion. Call and talk to another officer.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 7:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• The police are wrong here. The peeping would be trespassing and invasion of privacy. And the masturbating is public exposure and could be used to convict him as a pedophile and sexual predator. I would call the cops back and keep asking to talk to supervisors until they do something about your neighbor. Also, talk to other people in the area and see if they've had similar encounters with this particular neighbor. The more people who complain, the less likely the cops will continue to ignore it.
    AmberBrat

Answer by AmberBrat at 7:57 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Call again. And again.... and again if you have to.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:02 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• WTF is this guy a sex offender because he seems like a creep and he should be off the streets!!
    Anonymous

• You cannot take the law into your own hands unless you are in immediate danger for your life or theirs. Don't get yourself into trouble, OK?

But you CAN continue to call the police, and if there are any sexual abuse awareness groups in your area call them as well.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:11 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Call the dispatch office and get the number for the sex crimes unit. Snap a bunch of pix of him doing it if you can and file a restraining order.
    Anonymous

• "Call the state police. Call the district Attorney's office. Call the local news station and report to them that the police know about this guy and have done nothing. You want to see the cops jump through some hoops and get that guys arrested, call everyone! If theire is a school close by call the department of education - sex offenders can't live within so my feet/miles of schools, churches or day cars in all 50 states. Talk to all of the nieghbors. Take his picture while his in the act, and bring it to the police. Take a face shot of him and blaster it all over town."

Yes to all that. Hoping you get this taken care of. The police are completely negligent in this case.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 8:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• sex offenders cant live a 1000 feet from a school or day care. theres nothin about churches in that unless it has a preschool in it
    Anonymous

• I didn't read all of the replies, but my first thought was to turn on the sprinkler or spray him down with the water hose. I bet he'd stop and it's not illegal. I'm sorry you have to go through that, it's disgusting.

nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 9:27 PM on Apr. 1, 2009