hannah montana

she finally came clean about dating a 20 yr old at 16. for the mothers whose kids love hannah montana, do you think she is still a good role model to look up to because of this. obviously its illegal and they were dating when she was 15 too. she said in an interview - "I don't feel like I'm doing anything wrong, and I'm ready for people to accept it. My fans already accept it -- they just want me to be happy. " what is your opinion

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• honestly my kids are too young to care about Miley- the just care about Hannah... so I don't really care, if her parents say it's ok then it is...The only thing I worry about is that this will end up like Vanessa Hudgens with the naked pics or jamie Lynn Spears with a teen pregnancy...

And I worry about that for Miley's sake... again, my kids just wanna wear the glitter and sing the songs...
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 8:04 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Nope, not a good role model at all. I had already decided that when I saw her wearing clothes that were about 5 years too old for her. I had to laugh when I heard that her dad had said that he'd be able to keep her on a good path. Sure, she's not out there drinking and partying but she's making it harder and harder for us to raise daughters that aren't going to be sexually active before they hit high school.
    Anonymous

• To me age is just a number, I'm 17 and my fiance is 23. So if Miley wants to date a 20 year old, it shouldn't matter, just as long as its okay with her parents, no one can do anything about it.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• uh yea the law can if he gets turned in he will be a sex offender
    Anonymous

• ok just b/c they are boyfriend and girlfriend does not mean they are having sex!!! Geesh...
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:03 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My husband is 32 and I'm 27.....I don't think it's a big deal. Like someone else said...it's not autmatically saying she's not a virgin.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:41 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My 8 yr old loved her and then all of a sudden she must've heard other kids talking (not long after the topless thing was all over the tv) my dd got mad at her and won't even let me play one of her songs. That was about the time that the feud was going on supposedly with Demi and Selena too. Heck I miss the music lol
    Demi is the one that I think is going in the wrong direction trying to win the popularity. I'm not saying she's not a virgin, but she seems too good at the bedroom eyes and sex appeal. I love her music, and even her video's but don't like my kids watching them but we all love her show and of course Camp Rock was awesome! Can't say anything bad about Selena Gomez tho, I like everything I know about her so far.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• i could care less what she does...my daughters only 4 and doesnt understand any of that kinda stuff anyways...but she loooves her hannah montana...cant wait to go see the movie next week :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:35 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• If there is parental consent on them dating its okay, NO ONE can do ANYTHING not even the law.

I would know considering my friend is 16 and dating a 20yr old.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 2:25 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• My husband and I are five years apart...although we didn't get together until I was twenty, age has never been a big deal with us. I don't like how people are automatically assuming she is having sex with this man, and we really don't know who the real Miley Cyrus is....she could be very mature, we don't know. Back off. This is also when I have to add in a point...the life of celebrities are none of our business.
    McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 12:26 PM on Apr. 2, 2009