• In the Spotlight:

Are most men distant during pregnancy or is it just him?

I'm 34 weeks pregnant and this is my first pregnancy as well as my boyfriends. My boyfriend is proud to be a father one day and the next day he acts like he doesn't care. One day he can't stop talking to my belly then the next day he's so distant. He says he's not scared but i dont know what to think. It's almost like he gets more mood swings then i do! Maybe i have high expectations with his support but its stressful with him. Are most men like this during the pregnancy or is it just him?

Mother_Theresaa

Asked by Mother_Theresaa at 8:07 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My husband was like that with all 3 of my pregnacies....he said he was like that because he wanted to stay on my good side LOL :)
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 8:17 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My man was like that too but wait to the baby is born he'll be i cant belive im a father but when the baby gets older is like okay.. they dont wanna bound with there kid .. i guess there not like us woman..
    Anonymous

• I think that Nikkileerue is right. maybe he is recipracating off of your moods, if u seem moody or emotional he stays away to keep on ur good side! ORRRRR maybe he has "sympthy pains" like in a sence he is just as moody as u Lol!!!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 8:34 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• my husband has been right the opposite.and i am so thankfull. he has been right there by my side litereally the whole time and now that i can go anytime he calls me every 30 mins ckin on me we are both really excited this is our first baby
    sfewell09

Answer by sfewell09 at 8:54 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Moms react to pregnancy differently, and men do too. I am so blissful one day, and so overwhelmed the next.... it's just crazy! I couldn't be happier, I COULDN'T love my son-to-be more. That might be the prob with your BF. Besides, men are wired differently, they react differently, and it's harder for them to sort through their emotions.....and there is nothing more emotional than a baby, much less the firstborn!!!

Don't be worried, and good luck!
    MandiDueAug09

Answer by MandiDueAug09 at 1:58 PM on Apr. 2, 2009