Family Traditions

Hi ladies,
so i was wondering, what is your family traditions? It could be anything like "sleighing on the first snow fall" to stuff you do on special holidays... I would love to hear what other people do as I noticed my family and I don't have a lot of traditions. I would like to get some idea's. Thanks girls =)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Crab legs and champagne on Christmas eve.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:09 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My brother and I would get together on x'mas eve and cook lasagna and drink a few beers together. Best lasagna ever!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 8:13 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Standing in the rain during the first summer thunderstorm is the "in-laws" tradition, that I am also carrying on with DD.

Throwing the cats into the first snow fall of the winter (came from my family!)

I want to start Christmas Caroling as a tradition, but so far not yet!

Green jello with pineapples, cream cheese, and marshmallows (its really good!), corned beef and cabbage for St. Pattys

We always have Mexican on Cinqo de Mayo, whether its home made or not
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:20 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Mexican food on Christmas Eve night

Also, my son sleeps on his sister's bedroom floor on Christmas eve. They watch "The Grinch Stole Christmas". She is 22 and he is 12 and they've done this for the last 8 or 9 years.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 8:20 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• The night we put our tree up we got...and now as parents give each child a new ornament to place on the tree. It usually has something to relate to whatever the child is in to at the time...tennis, basketball, violin, sponge bob etc. Then when grown, the child gets a box of all their ornaments collected over the years to put on their own tree.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:21 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• We make it a strong point to keep up with our tradition of fighting. :).
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Sundays are family days and everyone is expected at moms. Not all come but all are invited every sunday.
    The first day of deer season we all get together and camp and cook and make it like a big holiday.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:37 PM on Apr. 1, 2009