WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!!!!!!!

I get soo paranoid at night were i tape the locks and always vision if someone is gonna come in my house and kill me and my family i hate this feeling its soo hard i cant sleep i have to take night quil to make me sleep why is this happening to me has this ever happend to any of of you ..? i wanna live a normal life without thinking these crazy thoughts of any of this happing i wish i had HELP!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well get help it sounds like anxiety, see a counselor or even a doctor, that is scary and taking nyquil every night is never a good thing, maybe get an alarm system to help ease your mind until then? good luck.
    WhatevaItTakes

Answer by WhatevaItTakes at 8:10 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I have this! I stay up at night, waking my SO cos i think i can hear something downstairs. He holds me and makes me feel better but i just cant sleep. I also hate going to crowded areas cos im scaredd i will get attacked and i refuse to go to a shopping centre like a mall for fear of being blown up. I'm insanely paranoid. I don;t think i need help quite yet though. :|
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 8:17 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Seek medical help. Prescribed meds are a wonderful thing if taken correctly. Try Tylenol's Just Sleep pills (otc)
    Anonymous

• Hey that is what therapist do. There is no shame in seeing one, besides it's their job. Most insurance covers it as well.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Ok thanks everyone i am just tired of this it makes me go crazy and i hate how those things pop in my head
    Anonymous

• I had the same thing, but these horrible scenarios would play out (like a movie) over and over in my head ALL DAY! Horrible things, like someone coming and murdering me and stealing my child, or my DH having a horrible accident with the lawn mower... ridiculous things that would probably never happen. I finally told my doc about it and they took a vitamin D test. It was ultra low! I started a vitamin D supplement and I was almost immediately better! They said that a vit. D deficiency can mimic symptoms of anxiety and depression a lot of times. Either way, I'd ask a therapist or doc! Good luck, and don't feel bad or ashamed... you'll feel much better once you ask a professional!
    trebelcleff

Answer by trebelcleff at 8:55 PM on Apr. 1, 2009