Christian Witchcraft...

Is it possible to combine Christianity and Witchcraft? I know someone who claims to be a Christian Witch, I know what my views are on it, just curious to see what others think. If this has posted before, sorry I didn't see it.

kittie1919104

Asked by kittie1919104 at 8:13 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have never heard of those two being mixed! How "different"
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 8:15 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• It's possible. I've heard of it and there is a group on here for christian witches.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:17 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Reminds me of the joke about "Government Intelligence"

Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 8:20 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• It's very possible! There are many many ChristoWitches out there. In fact the catholic church used magick and even a number of the popes were magickally inclined. Magick, or Witchcraft is just a manipulation of natural energy. No matter who you believe gives us that energy, be it God or Goddess or Jesus it's still natural and is not outside the realm of Christianity.

Check out these pages...

http://witchychristian.tripod.com/
    http://www.geocities.com/starlightcwa/home.html

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:29 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• well according to what God says about witchcraft and giving HIM the glory for [those natural energies] - it DOES matter who/what you believe and that witchcraft and magic is forbidden- no matter how you spell it.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 8:41 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Of course there are some Christian Witches. They use angels and some parts of the Bible in their work. To each their own.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:45 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Christians use magic in church with prayer and incense, healing, how is it any different?
    Anonymous

• Witchcraft is not a belief, it is a practice. So you can be any religion and still practice witchcraft. Anyone who has ever lit a candle and said a prayer for healing technically has done "witchcraft."
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 8:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Exactly Collinsky
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• There is a huge history behind this practice and most of it was during the take over of the Catholic church. You became Catholic or you died. Many religions (even Native American and African religions) survived by melting the two beliefs together. So it is possible and has its own deep history.
    Momma_Halo

Answer by Momma_Halo at 9:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2009