I am sooo exhausted. I am on the verge of tears. Have you ever been this worn out?

I am only on here to relieve some stress...Sunday morning at 5 am my dd started vomiting, diareah, it was horrible. she lost 4 lbs. Well, today she is better but my ds started the same thing.

They have thrown up on everything. They try to reach the bucket but most of the time they miss, now my ds is having serious diareah. He has had a couple of accidents in his pants.

My dh is in the bed with a fever of 101.7 and aches and chills.

I even tried to go to work today, dh didnt know he was sick early this morning. The laundry is massive.

How much more can I take.......?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 8:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Hang in there~ it will all pass (just keep telling yourself that :)
    Anonymous

• Awww sweetie, I have been there before, it seems like it will never end. It's more our little one's being sick than the running around that exhausts us. Hang in there hon, they will get better. Just think how lucky they are to have such a great Mama taking such good care of them.

hugs

happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 8:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Awh honey, dont worry...they'll get better and things will get easier. Just think, when they're done, they can help you with that laundry ; )

p.s my son was sick w/ a high fever from last thursday to yesterday, hes better...and now my daughter has it. lovely. Keep your head up!
    K-e-r-i

Answer by K-e-r-i at 8:45 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I also am constantly tired. I have 4 kids and I have to pick up after them and my husband and clean the house etc. Needless to say it usually does not get done and that stresses me out, but I guess that's the way it is.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 9:03 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Besides being tired from cleaning up after them, you are also tired from the stress and worry. Get rest when you can. Be very careful to drink plenty of fluids and eat nutritious food- in other words take care of yourself. I recommend getting disposable gloves or using playtex gloves when cleaning up the messes. Disinfect the faucets, the toilet flusher, the light switches- anything that the sick children would have touched. I hope everybody feels better soon. You can do this. Take a breath. Smile at your little ones and keep going.

Answer by Bmat at 9:24 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• If it helps... My husband is in the icu with a blood clot in his brain since Sun. My FIL is in the hosp after a massive stroke Sat. My Aunt died Sun and I missed the funeral yesterday because I was in hosp with DH. We just moved my daughter from abusive boyfriend to a new apt during most of this - after living on our couch with grandson for a month. I was at the hosp yesterday when daughter called to tell me she was locked out of the house with grandson inside. She had to call 911 so fire dept could break open the door... and not 5 min after this call some woman accosted me and shouted in my face for smoking. I was also driving around with three hefty bags full of rotting bread in the back seat of my car, which I was supposed to drop off at a soup kitchen when I had to take DH to hosp...yeah I'm worn out. Find a reason to laugh. It will make you feel better.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 10:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Take as good care of yourself as you can. All of this is just wearing you down, you're going to get it next. That's what always happens to me, I'm exhausted from taking care of my whole family that's sick, and then just when it's at it's worst, i get sick too. And I still have to take care of everybody else. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 1:52 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Read my journals and you'll see you are not alone. You need to find strength and it'll be over soon. Thank god its just viruses that will go away and not permanent illnesses like my son has. You can do this, you will get through this and be stronger when you do. Try acidophillus chewables, you can get 100 chewables at vitamin world for $6, it works amazing on diarrhea! Its live healthy bacteria like what u find in yogurt so it helps kill the bad in the stomach. You can also get it in a product called culturelle at the pharmacy. Several pharmacies have the acidophillus there too. Its safe for all ages and works sooo well! When they start eating and drinking again start with very small amounts, like an ounce at a time. Of course dont forget our old friend the "brat" diet..bananas, rice, apples, toast....hope u all feel better soon!
    lakegeorge_mom

Answer by lakegeorge_mom at 4:23 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• HUGE hugs!!!!

Been there and done that with a husband and three boys 5 and under. What really got to me was the one day *I* was down with fever, vomiting and the runs and still had to take care of the kids!

You do what you have to do at the time then collapse later. When everyone is well again, take a couple of days and SIT. Don't worry about cleaning, don't worry about regular laundry, order supper in if you can....When you husband gets home from work, go to bed and leave the kids to him for the evening....take some time and soak in the tub, and cry if you need to. You do need a release....

Lysol is your friend.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:02 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Hang in there and just remember it doens't last 4ever!
    gavinsmoma

Answer by gavinsmoma at 11:52 AM on Apr. 2, 2009