Do you think homosexuals can change?

If so, how do you know they really change and not just saying that they have?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Do you think you could change who you are attracted to?I think we are born who we are meant to be.I think we should be more interested in more important things than who is having sex with who don't you think?
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• No, you can't change who you are! You can learn to hide it, but you can't chage it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:31 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I think a lot of people are choosing it to go against the grain, to piss off their parents, to experiment.
    I dont believe EVERY one who is homosexual is born that way, their might be a few, but in reality a lot are just looking for attention or something to spark controversy. The media has made it more and more appealing and creating sensationalism over it.
    Anonymous

• Well, assuming you're heterosexual, can you change your sexual preference to be attracted to women? Don't you think if it was possible to change that many homosexual individuals who have lost friends, family ties, jobs, etc. due to their sexual orientation would simply decide to like the opposite sex instead?
    There are plenty of homosexual people who have never come out of the closet and thus 'live a lie' with the opposite sex- something which is really not fair to the gay person, their spouse, their children, and so on. So can you choose who you have sex with, even if it goes against your sexual orientation? Yes- plenty of people have because they fear the repercussion of coming out. SHOULD you try to hide and live a lie? My answer would be no!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:36 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I think that they can change. I think that they can change what they believe about their homosexuality - whether they feel its' a shameful curse, or whether they feel it is a valid acceptable part of who they are (which is something heterosexuals take for granted, but homosexuals often have to work towards because of the bigotry and false ideas so many very vocal people hold.)
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 8:39 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Yes.. i believe they can change.. I believe they can be delivered from the sin of homosexuality. i've seen it happen and know it has happened. they had truly changed.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 8:41 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Do you believe a straight person can be gay? No of course not, then the same goes for being gay. People that say they were once gay and turned straight are either living a lie or they were never gay to begin with.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:47 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• yes i believe they can. I have a very good friend who did. they changed and are happy, they were not denying who they truely are or anything. This is a close friend, we share things together, great friends. So, yes.
    Anonymous

• My question is, why should they? Why should they deny who they are and deny true happiness to appease those with closed minds and limited perspective?
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 8:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Absolutely! The power of the Living God can change any hell deserving sinner into a Saint . That's the Gospel story. He changed me!
    lilhoney

Answer by lilhoney at 8:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2009