Have you had any teeth pulled by the dentist?

DH just did and he was wanting to know if you sleep with the cotton or take it out at night. You know, the cotton they pack in to the gap where the tooth got pulled?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• if its not bleeding, take out the cotton. i always take it out while sleeping. make sure he doesnt smoke (if he does), drink from a straw, or "suck" at the socket. it will cause dry socket and its very very painful. any other questions, feel free to message me, i have had this done a couple of times :)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:31 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• i agree with the pp...i had a few teeth pulled before. Not fun at all.
    irishluck112211

Answer by irishluck112211 at 8:39 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Take it out he might choke on it while asleep. I have had 3 molars removed over the past 13 years. OUCH!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 8:49 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• if you stoped bleeding. take the cotton out... personally i know i have slept with it before but I was lucky, (ive quit) I even smoked within minutes of getting teeth pulled & ate anything I wanted & was fine...
    My dh just got 3 pulled, 2 became dry sockets & he is still "recovering" Dry sockets are no joke--he did everything they told him to do to a T..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:00 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• If it is no longer bleeding, the gauge is not needed. Hope he is feeling better soon.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 9:12 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• If the bleeding is stopped, take it out. I never had to sleep with the gauze in and neither did my son (he had 4 teeth pulled at one time a few yrs ago). Bleeding usually stops within a few hours.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:04 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• They all gave great answers so I'm not gonna say anything except for ...Poor you. Men in pain are such babies.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2009