Helped a woman whos debit card declined....

I work on average 25 hours a week. My boyfriend of 2 years works 32 (cut hours after laying people off). I was at the dollar store today with my son and some lady's card declined. It was only 12 dollars so I paid it for her. I told my boyfriend and he got mad at me for blowing money when we need it for bills. He told me that I had no right to blow "his" money like that. I felt good to help that lady out because I know how hard things can be. I am hurt and mad that he blew up like that. I am going to college in the fall for surgical technology and am going to be going full time so I might work less so I can keep up on my studies....I am going to college so we never have to worry bout money like this so I don't get why he reacted that way. I don't have a question I guess....just want your ladies thoughts. We don't fight often so I think that is why I am shocked by this

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 8:40 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• GO YOU! That was very sweet and selfless of you = ) He doesnt understand, he prob never will, dont worry about it, Im sure you made that woman's whole month
    K-e-r-i

Answer by K-e-r-i at 8:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I think what you do was GREAT. Don't let him make you feel bad about it. When you do a good deed, it does come back to you someday. Maybe that woman will "pay it forward" someday.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 8:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Congratulations you are a nice person. Tell your bf that you were teaching your son a GREAT lesson on how to help others.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:55 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• You did a great thing. Too bad he doesn't see it that way.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Karma thats what I think.. you do someting nice for someone and one day somebody will do the same to you...
    sarabeth1

Answer by sarabeth1 at 9:36 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Good for you! Tell your boyfriend that if he's ever in need, perhaps he'll encounter people with his attitude instead of yours. He'd certainly deserve it. Good deeds don't go unnoticed and you'll be rewarded in some way someday.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• it was very nice of you if you could afford it. But it doesn't sound like you can. I'd have been annoyed too.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 10:36 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I think it was very generous of you to help out a stranger in need. Your bf needs to realize that it was YOUR money, and you should be able to spend it how you see fit. Good for you!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:45 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• that was very nice dont regret it and dont feel bad about it ...theres not many people in this world like u left...
    R3DR0S3

Answer by R3DR0S3 at 12:47 AM on Apr. 3, 2009