How do you apply for food stamps?

Is there a place online that I can apply? I am in Texas. Thank you in advance and please no bashing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• You need to go to your welfare office or call your town hall office and ask them how to go about finding the right office. You could also try - www.ask.com or google it.. Good Luck.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:57 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• go online to the social services web site for your state, u can google it, there should be info there
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:12 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• nah, just go to your state website (sorry I don't have it in front of me) click on apply for public assistance (sometimes worded different) and go through the steps, don't apply for cash assistance, you have to pay that back.
    Hope this helps! Good Luck!
    Don't feel bad I have a lot of friends on public assistance, and it is nothing to be ashamed of.
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• call your local department of human services office and ask them to mail you a food stamp app.fill out and send in and they might be able to do interview over the phone.its alot easier that way if you have small children.ive been there myself and good luck....
    Anonymous