my new born daughter has real bad trouble trying to go poop and i've tried special bottles tht remove air bubble and bought pedia-lax to help it come out easier but nothing seems to work wat should i do?

pooping problems, 0-3 months old, bad gas

Asked by pgwhgr at 12:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If your formula feeding maybe you should try a new formula, if your breastfeeding you could try cutting out dairy for awhile, or anything else that might cause you to have gas.

Answer by renajennjenn at 12:41 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Gas drops for gas. Call your pediatrician too. If you are formula feeding they make formula esp. for gassy babies also.

Answer by momoflilangel at 12:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• yep...gas drops...the brand name we got was Myalacon..not sure about spelling...

Answer by afeather at 1:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I would try a different formula. Gas drops will only help if she has gas, not of she has to poop!

Answer by smileysmama at 1:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My ped told me white grape juice works for constipation. Just dillued it with a little water.

Answer by speshilmom at 2:11 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• The reason juice makes kids poop is because it's not easily digestible and causes diarrhea. My son had a problem with constipation when he was 0-3 months also, so when he was having problems pooping, my doc suggested putting a thermometer in his hiney for a few seconds. He called it something like "anal stimulation". lol I didn't enjoy it at all, but it made him poop within 30 seconds! And I didn't have to use medications or juice or anything else that was sugary!

Answer by LRBsMommy at 3:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• 1 tbsp. light kayro syrup to 4 oz. of warm water has been helping my 11 week old who has been straining to go to the bathroom so hard and fussy because he can't get it out. Let him her drink about 2 oz.

Answer by CRSE1214 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2008